What happens before photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) surgery?

Before you have PRK surgery, your ophthalmologist will give you a complete, preoperative eye exam to measure your prescription and check for any conditions that might affect the procedure. Your ophthalmologist will determine if you are a good candidate for PRK based on this examination. 

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

3 Ways Your Vision Changes as You Age
3 Ways Your Vision Changes as You Age
Even a slight deterioration of any of your senses can be frustrating or worrisome. Not only can it interfere with your safety and your ability to unde...
How do I manage my viral eye infections on a daily basis?
Managing a viral eye infection is often simply a case of staying home and limiting contact with othe...
10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health
10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health
Changes in your vision may be signs of other medical conditions.
Advances in Cataract Surgery and the Future of Eye Care