What is the advantage of planned replacement contact lenses?

This choice of contact lenses involves multiple considerations.  If the need is for a moderate correction with no more than moderate amounts of astigmatism, a planned replacement lens is the most common choice and, of these, a biweekly or monthly lens is most common. 

There are daily disposable lenses as well, but these are more expensive to use.  The advantage of planned replacement is that a new lens will always have fewer deposits, especially proteins, on it. I think planned replacement at a minimum of once a month is beneficial and I recommend it.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Eye Exam Information: What to Expect
Eye Exam Information: What to Expect
Of all your senses—sight, smell, touch, taste, and hearing—eyesight is arguably your most important, helping you not only appreciate a beautiful sunse...
Will I look normal after orbital decompression surgery?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
You may not look normal after orbital decompression surgery because your eyelids may not be in the c...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?