How do I treat cuts of the eye and lid?

Correct treatment for an eye injury immediately following an accident can prevent loss of sight.
If you encounter cuts to the eye or eyelid:
Seek medical help immediately. Do not attempt to wash out the eye or remove an object stuck in the eye. Never apply pressure to the injured eye or eyelid. Be careful not to rub the eye. If available, tape a paper cup over the eye to avoid any pressure being applied to the injured eye. Minimize coughing, sneezing, bending down or lifting until medical help arrives.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Helping Kids See Clearly
Helping Kids See Clearly
When Clarence the cross-eyed lion starred in a 1965 movie of the same name and then a CBS-TV series, Daktari, no one worried about whether or not the ...
What does it mean if my eyes are frequently red and inflamed?
Inflamed eyes could be a sign of arthritis -- the painful inflammation and stiffening of joints. The...
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
Take a look at 10 sight-saving tips to protect your vision and boost your eye health.
Where Is the Medical Community on the Treatment of Macular Degeneration?