What are the risks of refractive surgery?

There are a lot of risks associated with refractive surgery, and many possible unknown risks regarding this new technology. Vision can be completely lost or severely affected. Some people have problems seeing at night, lose vision in certain areas of their vision field, see halos and glaring spots, or require glasses to further correct the problems. People with extremely sever astigmatism might not be able to be surgically fixed. Dry eyes are commonly a problem as the eye can no longer produce enough natural tears. It is important to weigh these risks both with a doctor and alone.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Helping Kids See Clearly
Helping Kids See Clearly
When Clarence the cross-eyed lion starred in a 1965 movie of the same name and then a CBS-TV series, Daktari, no one worried about whether or not the ...
How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the un...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
How Have Advances in Molecular Biology Helped Eye Disease Treatments?