What are the symptoms of a macular hole?

In the early stages of hole formation, your central vision becomes blurred and distorted. If the hole progresses, a blind spot develops in your central vision and impairs the ability to see at both distant and close range.

It is important to note that if the macula is damaged, you will not lose your vision entirely. You will still have peripheral, or side, vision.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Worst Case Scenario: I Slept in My Contact Lenses
It’s hard enough to brush your teeth, floss and wash your face before plopping under the covers. But if you’re one of the 41 million people in the US ...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us. If you're a baby boomer, you probably worry about you...
Advances in Cataract Surgery and the Future of Eye Care
How Have Advances in Molecular Biology Helped Eye Disease Treatments?