Should I be worried if my peripheral vision is slightly blurry?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If your peripheral vision has been slightly blurry for a while and you are starting to develop tunnel vision, then you should contact your doctor to set up an appointment. If the blurriness is in both eyes, especially in the peripheries, it may be a sign of gradual loss of eyesight, which is a symptom of primary open-angle glaucoma. If it is only in one eye, it may be due to an eye injury, but you should contact your doctor just to take caution.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Eye Exam Information: What to Expect
Eye Exam Information: What to Expect
Of all your senses—sight, smell, touch, taste, and hearing—eyesight is arguably your most important, helping you not only appreciate a beautiful sunse...
What Can Happen to My Eyesight After I Turn 40?
In this video, ophthalmologist David Demartini, MD, describes the serious effect that aging can have on a person’s eyes, and discusses the vision chan...
Which babies are most prone to eye problems?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Babies born prematurely, as well as babies born with breathing problems or nerve problems, are more ...
Will We Eventually Be Able to Cure Blindness?