Should I talk to my doctor about my keratitis symptoms?

There are many conditions that can lead to eye irritation, like allergies or hay fever, so it may be difficult to tell if your symptoms are from one of those conditions or from a more serious condition like keratitis. But if it is keratitis, it is very important that you get immediate treatment so your doctor can help you stop the damage from getting worse. You might be able to identify keratitis if you've recently suffered damage to your eye or if your eye irritation is unusual, severe, or interferes with your daily life. See your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Preventing Sports-Related Eye Injuries
Preventing Sports-Related Eye Injuries
On February 18, 2009, the point guard for the Phoenix Suns, Amar′e Stoudemire, was poked in the eye by LA Clippers’ forward Al Thornton. The result? A...
What causes eye pain?
Eye pain has many possible causes, including: Blepharitis, or inflammation/infection of the eyel...
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
Take a look at 10 sight-saving tips to protect your vision and boost your eye health.
What Is the Mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology?