Can people with no capsular bag behind the lenses regain vision?

Yes, there are ways that an intraocular lens may be placed in an eye that has had the cataract removed along with the capsule of the lens, but the medical situation is likely to be much more complicated that simply inserting a lens. If the eyes have good visual potential, the vision should be correctable with the proper external lenses (spectacles). These spectacles are usually very thick and not very desirable, but they do significantly improve the vision. If spectacles do not improve the vision, it is likely that greater problems exist and the placement of an intraocular lens will not be the answer. I urge you to seek a comprehensive ophthalmologist for an appropriate evaluation.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

How to Set Your Sights on Preventing Dry Eyes
Didn't shed a tear for the breakup of Heidi Klum and Seal? Couldn't get teary-eyed when Bambi’s . . . OK, that's not fair. If your eyes stay dry when ...
Are blood vessels in my eye encroaching on my iris a serious problem?
Ivan A. Schwab, MDIvan A. Schwab, MD
Yes, these blood vessels could be a potential problem to your eyes. Many contact lenses will cau...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
How Have Advances in Molecular Biology Helped Eye Disease Treatments?