How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the underlying condition. Conditions that have symptoms of sparsely growing eyelashes are treated with a medication that helps the lashes grow back.

For overgrowth of eyelashes or an extra set, plucking, electrolysis, cryotherapy, and lid splitting are some available treatment options. However, you may not have to worry about the condition daily if you have the excessive lashes removed. As an alternative to removal of excessive eyelash growth, you can treat the discomfort with lubrication to the eye. This will reduce the friction that causes eye irritation, redness, and possible corneal damage.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Outdoor Activities May Up Your Risk for Vision Problems
From exercising outside for your physical health to getting a breath of fresh air for your mental health, you’ve heard all the benefits of the outdoor...
What is retroorbicularis oculi fat (ROOF)?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Some people have fat behind the muscle of the eyelid called ROOF (retroorbicularis oculi fat). I...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
How Have Advances in Molecular Biology Helped Eye Disease Treatments?