How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?

Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the underlying condition. Conditions that have symptoms of sparsely growing eyelashes are treated with a medication that helps the lashes grow back.

For overgrowth of eyelashes or an extra set, plucking, electrolysis, cryotherapy, and lid splitting are some available treatment options. However, you may not have to worry about the condition daily if you have the excessive lashes removed. As an alternative to removal of excessive eyelash growth, you can treat the discomfort with lubrication to the eye. This will reduce the friction that causes eye irritation, redness, and possible corneal damage.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Are Hormones Taking Your Eyes for a Ride?
You might not think about how your hormones affect your eyes and vision, but they do throughout your life. "Hormones definitely affect your eyes from...
What might cause chronic, thick eye discharge?
Wayne BizerWayne Bizer
There are many causes of such a problem, such as allergy, dry eye, and chronic irritation. I urg...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
Do genetics Play a Role in Eye Diseases Like Glaucoma?