Is it safe to use a store brand of contact lens solution?

There are several different brands and methods of cleaning contact lenses.  All available brands have been approved for use by the FDA.  Store brands, like generic drugs, are probably similar to the national brands and if you get a significant cost savings I think it is safe to try them.  Note that different manufacturers use different active and inactive ingredients and different people can have different reactions to these ingredients.  The key is to use one that is comfortable and does not cause any irritation and if you find that a particular product causes redness or any irritation at all, switch to another.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?
Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?
Can Blindness Be Prevented?
Can Blindness Be Prevented?
What Good Hygiene Practices Can Help Prevent Eye Diseases?
What Recent Eye Health Developments Have Surprised You the Most?