Eye and Vision

Is it possible to view 3D movies after monovision LASIK surgery?

• ADr. James Salz, MD, Ophthalmology, answered on behalf of American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart

With mild monovision you should still be able to get a 3D image.  In the rare case where you did not, wearing a pair of glasses to correct the reading eye for distance would solve the problem.  Monovision has many advantages such as being able to see a  cell phone, menu, GPS in the car, computer monitor without glasses.  Those are the things we do all day.  How often will you be watching a 3D movie?  So, go for the monovision if you have tested it with contacts or glasses and found it to be comfortable.

Can I have LASIK surgery if I have glaucoma?