Is it possible to have Lasik surgery after age 70?

It is possible to have LASIK even at age 90 if you have no or only minimal signs of non visually significant cataracts and if the remainder of your eye exam is completely normal.  If you really want to try to eliminate glasses, you will have to have monovision, with one eye for near vision and the other for distance vision. You will have to see if you can tolerate this by trying if first with contact lenses to make sure you can adjust to it.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

A Walk Outdoors Can Improve Your Vision
A Walk Outdoors Can Improve Your Vision
In 1967 when Hair opened at the Public Theater in New York, no one thought Let the Sunshine In would become a world-wide chart-topper (sung by the 5th...
How do I treat foreign objects in the eye?
Dr. Gary S. Hirshfield, MDDr. Gary S. Hirshfield, MD
I would suggest that you look closely at your eyelashes and eyelid margins for a misdirected lash an...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
What Eye Disease Treatment Innovations Excite You?