Is Alternating Esotropia the same as Accomodative Esotropia?

These two terms do not mean the same thing. Esotropia means crosseyedness, a condition in which one or both of the the eyes turn toward the nose. Alternating Esotropia means that sometimes the right eye is straight while the left eye is deviated toward the nose, and at other times the left eye is straight while the right eye is deviated toward the nose. Accomodative Esotropia means that both eyes turn toward the nose when a person attempts to focus the eyes on an object that is near to the face  

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

You Can Prevent Eye Disease
You Can Prevent Eye Disease
Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, a civil rights anthem from the 1950s recorded by everyone from Pete Seeger to Bruce Springsteen, calls for folks to pay a...
Are blood vessels in my eye encroaching on my iris a serious problem?
Ivan A. Schwab, MDIvan A. Schwab, MD
Yes, these blood vessels could be a potential problem to your eyes. Many contact lenses will cau...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
Can 3D Printers Generate Eyes That Function Properly?