If I have diabetes, can I have Lasik surgery?

Diabetes alone is not a contraindication to LASIK. However, some Individuals with diabetes have dry eyes or other disease. Your LASIK surgeon can determine if these exist. If you are wearing contact lenses and plan to do so for the rest of your life, there may come a time when you can no longer wear your contacts due to your diabetes. At that point, you may wish you had LASIK years ago.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Top 5 Questions About Glaucoma
Top 5 Questions About Glaucoma
You've probably heard of the eye condition called glaucoma. Maybe an older relative has it, or maybe you've been recently diagnosed. While it's a comm...
What causes my eyes to water?
Several things can make your eyes water. Watery eyes can be a sign of dehydration: Because your body...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?