How can I save money on glasses and contact lenses?

Disposable contact lenses can run up to $300 a year when you buy them at your doctor's office, a major expense, especially since oftentimes they get lost or tear easily. But discount club stores sell eyewear and prescription contact lenses in bulk, allowing you to save up to $150 a year. Just be sure you know your 3 O's before purchasing eyewear:
  • Optician: Fits for glasses
  • Optometrist: For basic eye exams and prescriptions
  • Ophthalmologist: For complicated medical conditions like glaucoma

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

What Can Happen to My Eyesight After I Turn 40?
In this video, ophthalmologist David Demartini, MD, describes the serious effect that aging can have on a person’s eyes, and discusses the vision chan...
What is hemianopia?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Hemianopia is defective vision or blindness in one side of the visual field in one or both eyes; may...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
Will We Eventually Be Able to Cure Blindness?