How do I know what type of contact lens is right for me?

The choice of contact lenses involves multiple considerations. If the need is for a moderate correction with no more than moderate amounts of astigmatism, a planned replacement lens is the most common choice and, of these, a biweekly or monthly lens is most common. There are daily disposable lenses as well, but these are more expensive to use.

The advantage of planned replacement is that a new lens will always have fewer deposits, especially proteins, on it. The deposits that develop on contact lenses over time with use can lead to chronic inflammation that can make contact lens wear intolerable. Therefore, planned replacement at a minimum of once a month is beneficial and I often recommend it.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

3 Cool Ways to Revive Tired Eyes
3 Cool Ways to Revive Tired Eyes
Eyes can look swollen from allergies, too much partying, too much computer time, too much (or too little) sleep, or loose under-eye skin caused by her...
Vision Loss and Depression: What's the Connection?
Vision loss can make it harder—even impossible—to do certain activities you enjoy or to perform routine tasks, such as driving. Fears of falling or ha...
Is It Normal to Have Vision Problems After Age 40?
Protect Your Eyes from Macular Degeneration