How are my eyes affected if I wear glasses all the time?

Wearing glasses full time will not weaken your eyes or make your eyes physically more dependent on eyeglasses. You may become somewhat psychologically dependent on your eyeglasses simply because you feel better and we function better when your vision is clear.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

A Walk Outdoors Can Improve Your Vision
A Walk Outdoors Can Improve Your Vision
In 1967 when Hair opened at the Public Theater in New York, no one thought Let the Sunshine In would become a world-wide chart-topper (sung by the 5th...
What is hemianopia?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Hemianopia is defective vision or blindness in one side of the visual field in one or both eyes; may...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
What Is the Mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology?