How do I donate my corneas to medicine?

Donating corneas is a far simpler process than donating other organs, as the donor does not need to be on life support. People who are willing to donate their corneas should inform their families of their desire to donate. Approximately 43,000 corneas are harvested in the United States for transplants every year, and there are waiting lists for those who need donor corneas.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

You Can Prevent Eye Disease
You Can Prevent Eye Disease
Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, a civil rights anthem from the 1950s recorded by everyone from Pete Seeger to Bruce Springsteen, calls for folks to pay a...
Which babies are most prone to eye problems?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Babies born prematurely, as well as babies born with breathing problems or nerve problems, are more ...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
Can Eyes Be Transplanted?
Can Eyes Be Transplanted?