How do I get a corneal transplant?

David R. Demartini, MD
Ophthalmology
Corneal transplant are done by specialist ophthalmologists that have trained and studied this advanced procedure. You would have to be referred to one of these subspecialists. They would then determine what is the best type of corneal transplant for your individual needs. There are now partial corneal transplants that replace only the front (DALK) or back (DSEK) of the cornea. Sometime the disease involves all the layers and a full corneal transplant is required. 

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Helping Kids See Clearly
Helping Kids See Clearly
When Clarence the cross-eyed lion starred in a 1965 movie of the same name and then a CBS-TV series, Daktari, no one worried about whether or not the ...
Are blood vessels in my eye encroaching on my iris a serious problem?
Ivan A. Schwab, MDIvan A. Schwab, MD
Yes, these blood vessels could be a potential problem to your eyes. Many contact lenses will cau...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?