Does keratitis affect children differently than adults?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Keratitis can happen to anyone. However, many of the causes and risks for keratitis tend to be more common in adults. For example, more adults than children wear contact lenses, which, if improperly cared for, can lead to keratitis. Adults have also had more time to have had recurring cases of herpes simplex, which is another risk factor for keratitis. For these reasons, keratitis may be a bigger concern for adults than for children.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Are Your Eyes a Window Into Heart Trouble?
Your eyes may be a window into your soul, but they can also give your doctor a look into the health of your heart. A study has linked micro-damage to ...
Is anything wrong if one eye is different than the other?
Many people have different vision in both eyes. With astigmatism, the abnormalities of the corneas o...
How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?
Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the un...
What causes eye pain?
Eye pain has many possible causes, including: Blepharitis, or inflammation/infection of the eyel...