How is a corneal abrasion diagnosed?

To detect an abrasion on the cornea, your ophthalmologist (Eye M.D.) will use a special dye called fluorescein (pronounced FLOR-uh-seen) to illuminate the injury.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Clear Insight: How to Prevent Cataracts
Clear Insight: How to Prevent Cataracts
When Little Red Riding Hood exclaimed, “My Grandma, what big eyes you have,” the Big Bad Wolf replied, “The better to see you with my dear.” “But, Gra...
Is a freckle in the back of my eye serious?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
A freckle in the back of the eye refers to a choroidal nevus, a common, benign, flat, pigmented grow...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
How Have Advances in Molecular Biology Helped Eye Disease Treatments?