Can scarred tissue in the back of the eye be repaired?

Scarred tissue is in the back of the eye--on the retina--cannot be repaired.  If the scar tissue was in front of the retina, there would be a chance that removing it could help vision.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Clear Cloudy Vision with Cataract Surgery
Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but if you have cataracts -- a condition marked by protein clumps in the lenses of the eyes that cause cloud...
How do I treat foreign objects in the eye?
Dr. Gary S. Hirshfield, MDDr. Gary S. Hirshfield, MD
I would suggest that you look closely at your eyelashes and eyelid margins for a misdirected lash an...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
Protect Your Eyes from Macular Degeneration