Yes, a person with glaucoma can have Lasik surgery in some instances. However, many glaucoma patients should not have Lasik, or should consider the risks very carefully. A glaucoma patient should consult with the ophthalmologist who is managing the glaucoma about whether Lasik is advisable.
- Q Can LASIK correct refractive errors?
- Q What will my vision be like after LASIK?
- Q What happens during the wavefront measurement?
- Q What is laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) surgery?
- Q What happens after LASIK surgery?
- Q Will I be conscious during Lasik surgery?