Can I have LASIK surgery if I have had corneal ulcers?

It depends on the depth and location of the scars. If you can't have LASIK, you might be a candidate for Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK). This is the use of the excimer laser without the flap, and the results are generally just as good as LASIK. With PRK, it is possible that some of the scar tissue can be removed with the laser. You need to be evaluated by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) who performs LASIK. Ask your current eye doctor for a recommendation in your area

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Do's and Don'ts to Calm Itchy, Watery Eyes
Endless sneezing and stuffed-up noses drive most allergy sufferers to see their doctors. But many people put up with itchy, watery eyes and dark under...
How do eyelash growth abnormalities affect the body?
In general, eyelash growth disorders only affect the eyes. The effect that an eyelash growth abnorma...
6 Contact Lens Mistakes You’re Probably Making—And How to Fix Them
6 Contact Lens Mistakes You’re Probably Making—And How to Fix Them6 Contact Lens Mistakes You’re Probably Making—And How to Fix Them6 Contact Lens Mistakes You’re Probably Making—And How to Fix Them6 Contact Lens Mistakes You’re Probably Making—And How to Fix Them
Poor contact lens hygiene can lead to a serious eye infection called keratitis.
What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?