Can I wear contacts if I am legally blind and wear thick glasses?

You should be able to wear contact lenses. It sounds like you might be wearing glasses that either are very highly minus for the treatment of high myopia or very highly plus for the treatment of high hyperopia. Contact lenses that treat high errors are available. Depending upon the numbers and the amount of associated astigmatism this type of lens can be significantly more expensive than average contact lenses particularly if a custom lens is needed.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

5 steps to take after being diagnosed with ird
inherited retinal diseases (irds ) are a group of eye diseases that are caused by a person genetics . there are many different types that have been id...
what does it mean to have 20/20 vision ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
By looking at many people, eye doctors have decided what a "normal" person should be able to see whe...
are blood vessels in my eye encroaching on my iris a serious problem ?
Ivan A. Schwab, MDIvan A. Schwab, MD
Yes, these blood vessels could be a potential problem to your eyes. Many contact lenses will cau...
can blindness be prevented ?
can blindness be prevented ?