Can my child ever wear contacts again after corneal ulcers?

She should choose glasses and be thankful that she didn't lose her sight or require corneal transplant for the scar.  If she insists on wearing them anyway, at least switch to gas-permeable lenses which have a somewhat lower risk, but never, never sleep in the lenses.  But, my best advice is to stop wearing contact lenses altogether.  She has a long life ahead with only the one pair of eyes.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

6 Surprising Eye Health Myths
6 Surprising Eye Health Myths
Parents ever tell you that eating carrots would save you from wearing glasses? Or that sitting too close to the TV could make you go blind? Their advi...
What is hemianopia?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Hemianopia is defective vision or blindness in one side of the visual field in one or both eyes; may...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
Will We Eventually Be Able to Cure Blindness?