Can my child ever wear contacts again after corneal ulcers?

She should choose glasses and be thankful that she didn't lose her sight or require corneal transplant for the scar.  If she insists on wearing them anyway, at least switch to gas-permeable lenses which have a somewhat lower risk, but never, never sleep in the lenses.  But, my best advice is to stop wearing contact lenses altogether.  She has a long life ahead with only the one pair of eyes.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

You Can Prevent Eye Disease
You Can Prevent Eye Disease
Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, a civil rights anthem from the 1950s recorded by everyone from Pete Seeger to Bruce Springsteen, calls for folks to pay a...
Trouble Seeing? Signs of Cataracts
Trouble Seeing? Signs of Cataracts
Have you ever noticed a milky-colored buildup in the middle of someone's eyes? That's what a cataract can look like if it gets to an advanced stage. B...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help. Cooked kale, spinach, collards, and turnip greens (along with broccoli and eggs) are cramm...
What Is the Mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology?