Are there alternative treatments for astigmatism?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

You cannot treat astigmatism with herbal remedies or other alternative treatments. These treatments cannot prevent astigmatism from developing or adjust the curve of the cornea after it has already developed. The only way to treat astigmatism is to go to your eye doctor for an exam. Corrective glasses, lenses, or surgery can easily adjust astigmatism.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Are there other diseases or conditions associated with coloboma?
Coloboma is sometimes found in association with other eye features. These may include: Difference i...
What are the odds of my child having a keyhole pupil?
David K. Coats, MDDavid K. Coats, MD
The keyhole pupil is known as a coloboma.  The keyhole is formed by improper fusion of tissues o...
How can I calm down after an eye injury?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
If you are anxious after a bombing or blast and eye injury, your feelings are normal. Bombings and b...
How Do You Inspire the Next Generation of Physicians?