Is there a cure for astigmatism?

Astigmatism can be permanently corrected through surgery. These surgeries adjust the shape of the cornea to fix the abnormalities of astigmatism. Corrective glasses and contact lenses can adjust astigmatism on a day-to-day basis when worn correctly with the correct prescription.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

What Is Presbyopia?
What Is Presbyopia?
Presbyopia is a condition that affects a person's ability to see up close, and usually occurs around age 40. Learn more in this video featuring naturo...
What should I do if I have temporary blindness and pressure in my eyes?
George A. Williams, MDGeorge A. Williams, MD
You need a comprehensive eye exam as soon as possible. Decreased vision can be a serious warning sig...
Is multiple sclerosis (MS) the only cause of optic neuritis (ON)?
Dr. Louis RosnerDr. Louis Rosner
There are many other possible causes of optic neuritis (ON) besides multiple sclerosis (MS). These i...
What Is Promising About Molecular Genetics?