Should I talk to my doctor about the symptoms of presbyopia?

You should expect to talk to your doctor about presbyopia at some point, if you are middle aged. You will probably notice that nearby objects seem blurrier and that you cannot hold texts as closely as you used to. These symptoms will likely develop gradually, and the condition is not urgent. However, your doctor can help you get glasses or corrective surgery that will restore your vision.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Presbyopia: Correcting Age-Related Vision Loss
Sometime around of after age 40, many people notice that it is getting more difficult for their eyes to focus on nearby objects. For many, the first s...
What should I do if I have temporary blindness and pressure in my eyes?
George A. Williams, MDGeorge A. Williams, MD
You need a comprehensive eye exam as soon as possible. Decreased vision can be a serious warning sig...
Are there other diseases or conditions associated with coloboma?
Coloboma is sometimes found in association with other eye features. These may include: Difference i...
What Is Exciting About Modern Ophthalmology?