How do I manage my astigmatism on a daily basis?

Astigmatism can be easily managed through treatment. Corrective glasses and lenses are the easiest treatment options. Some lenses require more care than others, and all require cleanliness when touching the eyes. Surgery is a permanent treatment option that can fully correct the astigmatism after one session, thus eliminating the need for daily corrective glasses and lenses. Your doctor can help you decide which option will be most comfortable for you.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Presbyopia: Correcting Age-Related Vision Loss
Sometime around of after age 40, many people notice that it is getting more difficult for their eyes to focus on nearby objects. For many, the first s...
What is the difference between a pterygium and a pinguecula?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
A pinguecula is a yellowish patch or bump on the conjunctiva, most often on the side closest to the ...
What can help me manage map-dot fingerprint dystrophy?
Ivan A. Schwab, MDIvan A. Schwab, MD
Map-dot dystrophy of the cornea is relatively common and often has a genetic component. It consi...
What Are the Symptoms of Macular Degeneration?