What increases my risk for astigmatism?

There is no age-based risk for developing astigmatism. Both children and adults are affected by this disorder. Because near-sightedness and far-sightedness do not cause astigmatism, neither of these are risks. Make an appointment with your optometrist if your astigmatism is affecting your vision.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

What Is Presbyopia?
What Is Presbyopia?
Presbyopia is a condition that affects a person's ability to see up close, and usually occurs around age 40. Learn more in this video featuring naturo...
What causes the whites of my eyes to be red?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
There are several eye diseases that cause red eyes, some of which can lead to blindness unless diagn...
How is keratoconus treated?
Dr. David R. Demartini, MDDr. David R. Demartini, MD
Keratoconus is the cone-like steepening of a patient's cornea that causes significant distortion of ...
What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?