How should I prepare to talk to a doctor about presbyopia?

If you are aging and experiencing difficulty seeing things nearby, you will probably want to go see a doctor about the presbyopia. Before your appointment, you should try to write down as much relevant information as possible. This includes the symptoms you have, relevant life information, and your medical history, especially if you already have vision problems.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

What Is Presbyopia?
What Is Presbyopia?
Presbyopia is a condition that affects a person's ability to see up close, and usually occurs around age 40. Learn more in this video featuring naturo...
What are the odds of my child having a keyhole pupil?
David K. Coats, MDDavid K. Coats, MD
The keyhole pupil is known as a coloboma.  The keyhole is formed by improper fusion of tissues o...
What causes tear duct blockage?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Causes of tear duct blockage include the following: aging (most common cause) infection (pink ey...
What Is the Gold Standard for Eye Care?
What Is the Gold Standard for Eye Care?