How common is astigmatism?

Astigmatism is a common eye disorder. Many children and adults have astigmatism and treat it through corrective glasses, contact lenses, or surgery. Some people with slight astigmatisms might not be aware of the disorder if it does not affect their vision.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Presbyopia: Correcting Age-Related Vision Loss
Sometime around of after age 40, many people notice that it is getting more difficult for their eyes to focus on nearby objects. For many, the first s...
How can I lower my risk of eye problems?
Healthy HumansHealthy Humans
Awareness of our eye health is very important. For example, if you don't recover from the glare caus...
What causes the whites of the eye to appear yellow?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
The most common cause of a yellow cast to the whites of the eyes is thickening of the clear memb...
What Is Exciting About Modern Ophthalmology?