How is Fuchs’ dystrophy diagnosed?

To diagnose Fuchs’ dystrophy, your ophthalmologist checks for guttata with an instrument called a slit- lamp biomicroscope. Your ophthalmologist may also measure the thickness of the cornea or take a special photograph of the endothelial cell layer to get an actual cell count. These examinations are brief and do not cause any pain. 

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Presbyopia: Correcting Age-Related Vision Loss
Sometime around of after age 40, many people notice that it is getting more difficult for their eyes to focus on nearby objects. For many, the first s...
How can I lower my risk of eye problems?
Healthy HumansHealthy Humans
Awareness of our eye health is very important. For example, if you don't recover from the glare caus...
How is IFIS treated?
Alan J. Margolis, MDAlan J. Margolis, MD
IFIS stands for intraoperative floppy iris syndrome.  Over the past several years, ophthalmologists ...
What Is the Leading Cause of Blindness?
What Is the Leading Cause of Blindness?