Can presbyopia affect vision at a distance?

In addition to making close vision difficult, presbyopia also makes it more difficult to adjust between ranges. The hardening of the lens means that the muscles surrounding it have to work harder to change the distance of the focal point. Thus, if your eyes are adjusted to looking at something nearby, you may experience some strain and blurriness when shifting your focus to a distance.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Presbyopia: Correcting Age-Related Vision Loss
Sometime around of after age 40, many people notice that it is getting more difficult for their eyes to focus on nearby objects. For many, the first s...
What causes pink bubbles on the whites of the eyes?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
The elevated pink areas on the nasal sides of the whites of the eyes are named pterygia. A pterygium...
What causes the whites of the eye to appear yellow?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
The most common cause of a yellow cast to the whites of the eyes is thickening of the clear memb...
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Vision Loss?