Why should I see an ophthalmologist?

The arteries in the back of your eyes, which ophthalmologists look at during eye exams, can be a window into your health. In this Treadmill Talk, Sharecare expert Dr. Michael Roizen, chief wellness officer for Cleveland Clinic, explains.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
When was your last eye exam? It's possible your answer could affect your risk of Alzheimer's. In a study, people with vision problems who failed to v...
How does the eye determine distance?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The eye uses three methods for depth perception or determining distance:The size a known object has ...
Is it safe to sleep with my contact lenses in?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
It is not safe to sleep with your contact lenses in. Extended wear of contact lenses is one of the g...
Is Eye Disease More Prevalent for Those with Diabetes?