What happens when we cry?

When we cry, a salty fluid full of water, protein, oil and mucus is released from the lacrimal gland, which in the upper, outer region of our eyes.

The fluid then flows down the surface of our eyes onto our face. We call this fluid "tears."

Continue Learning about Eye Care

How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
When was your last eye exam? It's possible your answer could affect your risk of Alzheimer's. In a study, people with vision problems who failed to v...
What causes eyestrain?
Eye strain can be caused by many things. Repetitive eye strain can cause problems such as headaches,...
How should I choose sunglasses to protect my eyes from the sun?
While most people are more concerned about how they look in a pair of sunglasses, choosing the right...
Is Eye Disease More Prevalent for Those with Diabetes?