What kinds of eye drops should I avoid for my dry eyes?

If you have dry eyes you should avoid artificial tears that contain preservatives and drops that clear the red out. Dry eyes can be made worse by artificial tears that contain preservatives. Occasional use is unlikely to have a side effect from the preservatives. With frequent use, the preservative can cause some irritation. Also, drops that clear the red out frequently cause the dryness to get worse.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

Why You Need Regular Eye Exams
Why You Need Regular Eye Exams
Roughly 11 million Americans older than 12-years old need vision correction, but glasses or contacts are just one reason to see an eye doctor. Compreh...
How Do You Inspire the Next Generation of Ophthalmologists?
What Recent Eye Health Developments Have Surprised You the Most?
How Does the Big Data Concept Impact Ophthalmology?