What can cause me to feel like something is in my eye all the time?

I would recommend that you see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible for this problem. Common causes for a symptom like this are an eyelash or foreign body in the eye, but it could also be a viral, bacterial or fungal infection in the cornea. Corneal problems such as erosions or scratches can also cause this symptom. 

Continue Learning about Eye Care

The Importance of Contact Lens Care
The Importance of Contact Lens Care
In the 1997 movie Contact, astronomer Ellie Arroway (Jodi Foster) gets a message from outer space instructing her to build a machine. Hmmm. Will it de...
How bad is it to sit in front of a computer screen for hours each day?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Sitting still and not moving for hours -- something that can easily happen in front of the computer ...
What's the difference between an ophthalmologist and an optometrist?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
An ophthalmologist is an Eye M.D., either a medical doctor or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O....
What Recent Eye Health Developments Have Surprised You the Most?