What are extraocular muscles?

You know those people who can make their eyeballs jiggle? Chalk it up to extra control of their extraoculars. These are a set of muscles that helps you move your eyeballs up, down, side to side, and all around.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

Which Eye Exams Do You Need?
Which Eye Exams Do You Need?
Regular vision checkups are key, since many eye diseases have no symptoms. According to the National Institutes of Health, adults over 40 should be ex...
What kinds of eye drops should I avoid for my dry eyes?
If you have dry eyes you should avoid artificial tears that contain preservatives and drops that cle...
What preservatives are in artificial tears?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Many artificial tear products contain preservatives to keep them sterile and prevent eye infections....
What Recent Eye Health Developments Have Surprised You the Most?