Why are smoking and high blood pressure so dangerous to your vision?

Smoking or high blood pressure cuts off blood vessels that feed the retina (the nerve tissue that converts signals to the brain) and carry vitamins and antioxidants to the back of the eye to repair damage caused by radiation.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Eye Care

How Often Do I Need an Eye Exam As I Grow Older?
In this video, ophthalmologist and Sharecare Advisory Board member David Demartini, MD, explains how frequently you should have an eye exam, and why t...
How Does Personalized Medicine Play Into Ophthalmology?
What Is the Mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology?
Is Eye Disease More Prevalent for Those with Diabetes?