Why are smoking and high blood pressure so dangerous to your vision?

Smoking or high blood pressure cuts off blood vessels that feed the retina (the nerve tissue that converts signals to the brain) and carry vitamins and antioxidants to the back of the eye to repair damage caused by radiation.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Eye Care

How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
When was your last eye exam? It's possible your answer could affect your risk of Alzheimer's. In a study, people with vision problems who failed to v...
What kinds of eye drops should I avoid for my dry eyes?
If you have dry eyes you should avoid artificial tears that contain preservatives and drops that cle...
What can happen to my eyesight after I turn 40?
Vision can change dramatically after people turn 40. Learn more as Dr. Oz discusses in this video wh...
Is Eye Disease More Prevalent for Those with Diabetes?