Should I visit a doctor about seeing light flashes and shadows?

You need a comprehensive examination by an ophthalmologist. Anytime a person is experiencing flashes of light and floaters, an eye examination is necessary. In fact, a baseline eye examination is important for anyone over the age of 40, even if they have no symptoms at all.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
How Eye Exams Keep Your Brain Young
When was your last eye exam? It's possible your answer could affect your risk of Alzheimer's. In a study, people with vision problems who failed to v...
What can I do to reduce eye irritation?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Try daily lid scrubs to improve your eye health. Lid scrubs simply involve gently rubbing the ba...
How often can I safely use artificial tears?
Manvi P. MakerManvi P. Maker
Artificial tears are drops that you can safely use in your eyes as often as you need them, and they ...
How Do You Inspire the Next Generation of Ophthalmologists?