Should I visit a doctor about seeing light flashes and shadows?

You need a comprehensive examination by an ophthalmologist. Anytime a person is experiencing flashes of light and floaters, an eye examination is necessary. In fact, a baseline eye examination is important for anyone over the age of 40, even if they have no symptoms at all.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

How Often Do I Need an Eye Exam As I Grow Older?
In this video, ophthalmologist and Sharecare Advisory Board member David Demartini, MD, explains how frequently you should have an eye exam, and why t...
How bad is it to sit in front of a computer screen for hours each day?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Sitting still and not moving for hours -- something that can easily happen in front of the computer ...
What are some tips for applying eye drops?
Laura C. Fine, MDLaura C. Fine, MD
Here are some tips for applying eye drops: If you have a strong blink reflex, try lying flat on your...
What Can Happen to My Eyesight After I Turn 40?