How long does it take to recover from a ptygerium surgery?

This is dependent on how the surgery is done and the technique used.  In general I tell my patients that they may have significant foreign body sensation and sensitivity to light and some pain for 2 to 4 days and that would be the minimum time off.  Some can be uncomfortable for a week but that is unusual.  One important thing to note is that you must comply with your post-op drop regimen and that even though you can work, the eye will be red for several weeks at least and perhaps up to 3 months or so.  This redness will not prevent you from working.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

Eye Care

Good eye care starts with an eye exam. Talk to your doctor or ophthalmologist if you have trouble with your vision. Itchy eyes, dry eyes, watery eyes, blurry vision-these are just a few symptoms of an eye or vision problem. Some e...

ye problems are minor, some are contagious. Some are very serious; eye injuries require immediate medical attention.