How long does it take to recover from a ptygerium surgery?

This is dependent on how the surgery is done and the technique used.  In general I tell my patients that they may have significant foreign body sensation and sensitivity to light and some pain for 2 to 4 days and that would be the minimum time off.  Some can be uncomfortable for a week but that is unusual.  One important thing to note is that you must comply with your post-op drop regimen and that even though you can work, the eye will be red for several weeks at least and perhaps up to 3 months or so.  This redness will not prevent you from working.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

The Importance of Contact Lens Care
The Importance of Contact Lens Care
In the 1997 movie Contact, astronomer Ellie Arroway (Jodi Foster) gets a message from outer space instructing her to build a machine. Hmmm. Will it de...
What can a doctor do for puffy eyes?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Puffy eyes are usually temporary and don't require a doctor visit. If the problem persists or seems ...
What is an orbital blowout fracture?
David R. Demartini, MDDavid R. Demartini, MD
Each eyeball sits inside a boney cavity which protects the eye from injury. This cavity is called th...
Is Eye Disease More Prevalent for Those with Diabetes?