What is the staging system for eye cancer?

Staging refers to a system of classification that helps doctors talk about the spread of a cancer. Although ocular lymphoma does not have a rigid staging system, an extensive system does exist for melanoma originating in the eye. It uses three main symbols: T, the size of the tumor; N, whether the melanoma has spread to lymph nodes; and M, which indicates if the cancer has spread to other organs. A general system of stages - I, II, III, etc. - is organized, by severity, according to combinations of these three sub-classifications.

Continue Learning about Eye Cancers

Can I develop uveal melanoma from another form of melanoma?
Although it's not the same thing as uveal melanoma, it's possible for a cancer that originates somew...
How is the eye cancer ocular lymphoma treated?
Chemotherapy is a common form of treatment for ocular lymphoma. The drugs are usually taken orally, ...
How Did NBA Player Derek Fisher Change the Game on Treatment for Retinoblastoma?
How Are Genetics Impacting the Future of Cancer Research?