Should I talk to my doctor about my intraocular melanoma symptoms?

Because intraocular melanoma may start affecting your vision and can spread to other parts of the body, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Some symptoms that may suggest intraocular melanoma include changes in vision such as blurriness, spots, or "floaters." Symptoms may also include changes to the shape of the pupil or dark spots in the iris. If intraocular melanoma is confirmed, then the doctor may do other tests to see whether the cancer has spread to other parts of the body. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that intraocular melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Eye Cancers

Can I develop uveal melanoma from another form of melanoma?
Although it's not the same thing as uveal melanoma, it's possible for a cancer that originates somew...
What is the staging system for eye cancer?
Staging refers to a system of classification that helps doctors talk about the spread of a cancer. A...
Besides the U.S., Where Is Opthalmic Artery Chemosurgery Performed?
How Is Retinoblastoma Diagnosed?
How Is Retinoblastoma Diagnosed?