Should I talk to my doctor about my intraocular melanoma symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Because intraocular melanoma may start affecting your vision and can spread to other parts of the body, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Some symptoms that may suggest intraocular melanoma include changes in vision such as blurriness, spots, or "floaters." Symptoms may also include changes to the shape of the pupil or dark spots in the iris. If intraocular melanoma is confirmed, then the doctor may do other tests to see whether the cancer has spread to other parts of the body. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that intraocular melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Eye Cancers

How Is Retinoblastoma Diagnosed?
How Is Retinoblastoma Diagnosed?
How Can We Improve Upon Cancer Research?
Where Are We Seeing Cases of Retinoblastoma?
How Did NBA Player Derek Fisher Change the Game on Treatment for Retinoblastoma?