Should people with weak eyes avoid reading fine print?

It is said that people with weak eyes or people who wear glasses will “wear out” their eyes sooner if they read fine print or do a lot of detail work.
The concept of the eye as a muscle is incorrect. The eye more closely resembles a camera. A camera will not wear out sooner just because it is used to photograph intricate detail. You can use your eyes without fear of wearing them out.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

Drinking Black Tea Can Help Reduce Your Glaucoma Risk
The health benefits of tea range from lowering stress to improving digestion to aiding sleep, and now you can add eye health to the growing list. Rese...
Is it dangerous to have a freckle on my eye?
Abdhish R. Bhavsar, MDAbdhish R. Bhavsar, MD
The "freckle in the retina" is typically a choroidal nevus and it is a medical condition and can...
What can I do to reduce eye irritation?
To reduce eye irritation it is important to recognize what is causing your eye irritation in order t...
What Does Big Data Mean for Ophthalmology Research?