Should I protect my eyes from sun exposure while taking antibiotics?

Some antibiotics make your skin, including the skin of your eyelids, more susceptible to sunburn than it usually is. Damage to the lens and perhaps even the retina of your eye can occur with long-term, repeated, unprotected exposure of the eyes to bright sunlight; but this is not made worse by taking antibiotics. No extra protection of your eyes beyond the usual use of ultraviolet-absorbing sunglasses is necessary when you are taking antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

5 Ways to Prevent Computer Eyestrain
5 Ways to Prevent Computer Eyestrain
Staring at a computer screen can cause headaches, back and neck pain, blurry vision and dry eyes. Watch Dr. Oz explain how to avoid these issues durin...
Why do I need protective eyewear when playing tennis?
You need protective eyewear when you play tennis to avoid eye injury from a tennis ball. Shatterproo...
Should people with weak eyes avoid reading fine print?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
It is said that people with weak eyes or people who wear glasses will “wear out” their eyes sooner i...
How Eye Health Is Influenced by Overall Health