How can I relieve eyestrain?

Eyestrain can present in many different ways. Your eyes may be sore, tired, dry, watery, or burning. Your eyesight might start to blur, and you could have difficulty focusing. Other symptoms include a sore neck or back. You can relieve the symptoms by simply resting your eyes and not focusing on anything for a while.

If you use a computer, watch TV, or focus on any one thing for long stretches of time, there's a good chance you've experienced eyestrain. Most of us forget to blink or take breaks as often as we should while working or reading. All that time spent staring can make eyes tired and dry. It might even give you a headache. Follow the 20-20-20 rule to reduce eyestrain: Every 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

Is It Harmful to My Eyes to Sit Close to the TV?
What Are the Symptoms of Macular Degeneration?
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?
Is There a Healing Benefit to Tears?
Is There a Healing Benefit to Tears?