Can walking help keep my eyes healthy?

Walking is a quick path to a more youthful body. But more youthful eyesight?

Seems so. People who hit the walking trail at least three times a week are less likely than exercise slackers to develop wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), an eye disease that can smudge out central vision.

Step It Up, See Better
In the U.S., AMD is one of the most common causes of blindness in people over age 60. Wet AMD is an advanced form of the disease. But you don't have to go down to wet AMD without a fight. If you're over 65, simply walking more can help your peepers steer clear of the condition.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

4 Ways to Protect Your Eyes As You Age
4 Ways to Protect Your Eyes As You Age
In 2012, the actress Dame Judi Dench told the press her eyesight was failing and that she was unable to read her scripts. Her solution? Her daughter a...
How can I keep my eyes healthy if I have diabetes?
The best way to keep your eyes healthy if you have diabetes is to work with your doctor to keep your...
Why do I need protective eyewear when playing tennis?
You need protective eyewear when you play tennis to avoid eye injury from a tennis ball. Shatterproo...
What Can I Do to Preserve My Good Vision After Age 40?