Are sunglasses harmful?

UV-blocking sunglasses are actually very good for your eyes. Excessive exposure to UV light reflected off sand, water, or pavement can damage the eyes' front surface. In addition to cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, sun exposure can lead to lesions and tumors that may be cosmetically unappealing and frequently require surgical removal. Everyone should wear 100% UV-blocking sunglasses when doing outdoor activities.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

4 Ways to Protect Your Eyes As You Age
4 Ways to Protect Your Eyes As You Age
In 2012, the actress Dame Judi Dench told the press her eyesight was failing and that she was unable to read her scripts. Her solution? Her daughter a...
How can I keep my eyes healthy if I have diabetes?
The best way to keep your eyes healthy if you have diabetes is to work with your doctor to keep your...
Is watching TV bad for your eyes?
There's no evidence to suggest that prolonged TV exposure is bad for your eyes (maybe your brain cel...
What Can I Do to Preserve My Good Vision After Age 40?